Analysis of strategic options
- Areas of Interest:
Local government, Infrastructure, Utilities
Advisory Leader | Auckland
Craig Rice is the PwC Advisory leader. He leads the firm's Infrastructure, Utilities and Local Government group. Craig has advised on completed infrastructure transactions with an underlying value of more than $8.5 billion, and also specialises in business valuations and analysis of strategic options.
Previous assignments include:
- Strategic advisor to the Auckland Transition Agency on the formation of the new Auckland Council;
- Financial advisor to the Crown on the $2 billion Waterview road and tunnel PPP project;
- Financial advisor to Rodney District Council on the Penlink road and bridge PPP project;
- Advisor to Auckland City Council in relation to the various offers for its shares in Auckland International Airport;
- Financial advisor to Eastland Energy Community Trust on its acquisition of Port Gisborne;
- Financial advisor to Watercare on its proposed vertical integration with Manukau Water;
- Financial advisor to the New Plymouth District Council, Taranaki Electricity Trust and Powerco Wanganui Trust on the sale of their 53.65% shareholding in Powerco, with underlying assets of $1.8 billion;
- Financial advisor to VECTOR on the acquisition of United Networks’ electricity lines and gas pipeline businesses for $2.7 billion;
- Financial advisor to TrustPower on the sale of its electricity network business for $485 million;
- Valuation of Mighty River Power’s generation assets for financial reporting purposes.