Sustainable 60 Awards finalists announced
[03 October 2011]
This year’s Sustainable 60 Awards finalists know sustainability isn’t an add-on or achieved with an annual tree-planting day.
“More New Zealand businesses are getting the idea of sustainability as a business driver. This is increasingly evident as Sustainable 60 celebrates its third year,” says Unlimited magazine editor Mark Revington.
The 2011 Sustainable 60 Awards, run by Fairfax Media Business Group and PwC, showcase sustainable business practice in New Zealand.
“It’s encouraging to see more companies understanding the strategic benefits of sustainable business practices, from supply chain through to customers,” says PwC partner Julia Hoare.
The Sustainable 60 award finalists are:
- Strategy and Governance: Anguillid, Auckland Airport, Beca, BNZ, Soar Printing
- Marketplace: Anguillid, Auckland Airport, Beca, Cityhop, Jasmax, LanzaTech, Ziptrek Ecotours
- Workplace: Auckland Airport, Beca, BNZ, NZ Sugar Company, OMEGA, Soar Printing
- Environment: 3R, All Good, Antarctica NZ, Auckland Airport, Beca, Soar Printing
- Community: 3R, Anguillid, Auckland Airport, BNZ, Mana Recovery Incorporated, Meridian Energy
- Small business: Anguillid, OMEGA
- Medium business: 3R, All Good, Soar Printing
- Large business: Auckland Airport, Beca, BNZ, NZ Sugar Company
“We started the Sustainable 60 Awards to encourage New Zealand companies to embrace sustainability right across the board rather than see it as a green add-on or just an energy audit,” says Mark Revington.
The winners will be announced at the Sustainable 60 Awards dinner on 30 November, 2011.
Fairfax Media Business Group
Tel: 09 909 6983
Mob: 022 037 4700