Ben has over 20 years of experience in the insurance and broader financial services industry. He is the driver of the insurance sector at PwC New Zealand.
Ben has previously held industry roles in product development, pricing, valuation and capital management across both life, health and general insurance. He qualified as an actuary in 2008, then joined PwC as a consultant in early 2016.
Ben has experience in helping clients with:
- financial reporting, particularly insurance accounting under IFRS 4 or IFRS 17
- life insurance valuations, pricing and product development
- health insurance pricing and analytics
- general insurance valuations, including for complex events such as the Canterbury earthquakes
- capital modelling and management for insurers and banks
- building or reviewing financial and stochastic models for financial services organisations
- regulation in financial services, including prudential supervision and Appointed Actuary responsibilities.