The tax landscape is changing rapidly with new reliefs, rules, and substantial changes to historic legislation.
Our subject matter specialists will cover the following topics:
- Budget 2022: Sandy Lau, PwC's tax policy lead will provide an overview of Budget 2022 tax announcements and will discuss what else is in store for tax in 2022.
- Property: Nigel Jemson will cover the recent changes to the bright-line test, in particular, the widened roll-over relief for certain transactions between related parties.
- Employment taxes: Isaac Moffat-Young from the Employment Advisory team will provide an update on the topical issues facing employers. This will include observations in relation to FBT, PAYE, Withholding Taxes and KiwiSaver compliance, and include coverage of the common misunderstandings and mistakes clients make and guidance to help ensure you are compliant.
- GST developments: Catherine Francis will cover topical GST changes enacted in the recent Tax Bill and will discuss the Government's proposals to improve the GST apportionment and adjustment rules.
- 39% tax rate integrity measures: Geof Nightingale will discuss the Government's proposals to introduce new rules that are designed to reduce the circumstances where a taxpayer is able to avoid the new 39% top tax rate by diverting income through entities that are taxed at a lower rate. These proposals will impact thousands of taxpayers across New Zealand, including shareholders in companies and any individuals who operate small service businesses.