The tax landscape is changing rapidly with new reliefs, rules, and substantial changes to historic legislation.
Our subject matter specialists will cover the following topics:
- Tax landscape and government policy: Sandy Lau, PwC’s tax policy lead, will give her views on the future of tax including an update on the NZ tax policy work programme and global tax developments relevant to NZ.
- GST developments: Catherine Francis will cover topical GST changes proposed in the recent tax bill, specifically including mixed-use apportionment rules, second hand goods credit and changes to invoicing requirements.
- Inland Revenue focus: Megan Scott will delve into the current focus points of IRD, including the review of high net worth individuals and the “Tax Governance in Practice” campaign which is further reaching than originally anticipated.
- Tax pooling: Jonathan Gray, PwC’s Head of Tax Pooling Solutions, will cover the recently proposed changes to tax pooling rules.
- International tax: Anand Reddy, PwC’s Head of Private Business, will run through international tax developments relevant for private businesses considering an expansion overseas, including Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS), structuring options and commercial considerations.
- Property: Ross Nelson will provide an update on the controversial mortgage interest restriction rules for residential investment properties.